By: Matt Rothman
Formers Marjory Stoneman Douglas football players Ocean and Roman Parodie each had terrific seasons playing college football.
After spending three seasons on the varsity football team, Ocean completed his third year at Allegheny College in Pennsylvania.
The Parkland native played 15 games with the Eagles under former coach Willis May and had 15 tackles, including five sacks during his senior season.
In college, Ocean played three games during both his freshman and junior year. During the team’s first game of the season, he recorded three tackles, including a sack for a loss of 12 yards. His team finished the year 3-7 with wins over Himan and Oberlin in Ohio.
Roman, who is a year younger than Ocean, played in 11 games with the Eagles before transferring to Cardinal Gibbons for his final year in high school.
After appearing in one game his first year at Ohio University, he recorded a tackle, then in 2021 he had ten — including four in his last game against Bowling Green State University.
He also recorded his first college interception against Buffalo before adding another one on November 9 in the team’s 35-33 loss over Miami (Ohio).
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick