By Sharon Aron Baron
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment band received a generous donation from Rick Case Honda.
Justin Tundervary, General Manager of the Davie location and former trumpet player, donated two generators, a $5,000 value, to the band at their annual banquet in a presentation on May 20.
The generators will power their sound equipment during rehearsals and competitions.
The donation is the first in the donation matching program initiated by Max Schachter and Caryn Desacia of The Alex Schachter Foundation.
Caryn and Max, the parents of Alex Schachter, one of the 17 victims of the Parkland school shooting in 2018, are national school safety advocates who generously donated $25,000 to the Eagle Regiment during the 2021-2022 school year in his memory. The Alex Schachter Scholarship Foundation matches donations of up to $25,000 to the Eagle Regiment for the upcoming school year.
This November, the Eagle Regiment Marching Band competes in Indianapolis’s Bands of America Grand Nationals. They will also perform at the London New Years’ Day Parade on January 1, 2023, then travel to New York to participate in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in November 2023.
The band will be holding their annual car wash on Saturday, June 11, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm at Wendy’s, located at 4676 N University Drive in Coral Springs. Stop by for a $5 car wash to support the band or donate here www.stonemandouglasband.com/support.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.24Coconut Creek Crime Update: String Of DUI Arrests Keeps Police Busy
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek Announces 2023 Summer Day Camp Program: Enroll Now for an Unforgettable Summer Experience
- News2023.03.18Men’s 30+ Basketball League Kicks Off This Summer in Coconut Creek
- News2023.03.18Coconut Creek Serves Up Fun With Open Play Table Tennis for Adults