By: Matt Rothman
While Darren Edenbaum is only a sophomore on the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys lacrosse team, he’s putting up special numbers.
After scoring 39 goals as a freshman, which was only eight away from breaking the school record, Edenbaum continues to take off this season. Through the team’s first 11 games of the season, he has scored 24 goals and recorded 12 assists.
“The key to my success this season is all of the commitment our players and coaches are giving, and that makes me want to work as hard as I can and do whatever I can to win,” Edenbaum said.
MSD started the season out 3-4. However, they went on a three-game winning streak prior to spring break to improve to 6-4. The Eagles scored at least 16 goals in all three games with wins over Cypress Bay, Calvary Christian Academy, and West Broward High School.
MSD has one more game left in the regular season against St. Thomas Aquinas High School on April 5. The Raiders are 8-3 and have won three straight matches.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship