By Kevin Deutsch
Employees of MedPro Healthcare Staffing made a $1,805 charitable donation last month to Parkland Cares, the life-saving organization founded in honor of victims of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.
MedPro, a travel nurse and staffing agency based in Sunrise, chose the Parkland organization as the beneficiary of its “Cocktails for Charity” Friday happy hour initiative. Employees donated money or purchased one happy hour drink during the event, with all proceeds going toward Parkland Cares.
Founded in 2018, Parkland Cares provides funding and builds awareness for trauma care and mental health services in South Florida by awarding grants to non-profits that provide trauma counseling.
The organization has already given over one million dollars to such agencies.
“We are thrilled and honored to have Med Pro support Parkland Cares and our mission to continue to heal the community from the effects of trauma,” said Parkland Cares Executive Director Stacey Udine. “It’s simple acts of kindness like these that can make a big difference in someone’s life. The more we get local businesses involved, the more impact we have to support our South Florida community.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Events2022.11.22Spitfire Farm Hosts ‘Thanksgiving Break’ Equestrian Camp in Coconut Creek
- News2022.11.16Gunman Shoots Up Coconut Creek Apartment Over Video Game Dispute
- Crime & Safety2022.11.13Parkland Crime Update: Stolen Necklace and Fraud
- Crime & Safety2022.11.06Parkland Crime Update: Road Rage and Car Burglary