By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Health Community Health Services is offering free immunizations and low-cost physical exams for uninsured children (ages 4 to 18) at two community health centers during its “Mobilize to Immunize” event.
Caregivers will provide immunizations against infectious diseases such as whooping cough, measles, mumps, rubella, influenza, Hepatitis B, and polio. Immunizations prevent dangerous, sometimes life-threatening diseases such as chickenpox, diphtheria, and human papillomavirus (HPV).
“Obtaining a school physical and immunizing your child is one of the best things you can do to safeguard their health,” said Aldo Calvo, D.O., family medicine, medical director of Ambulatory Services for Broward Health. “This free vaccination program offers, in many cases, a shot at a healthy life for so many children.”
Free immunizations and $30 school physicals are available Wednesday, August 3, from 2 to 5 p.m.; Wednesday, August 10, from 2 to 5 p.m., and Friday, August 12, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the following locations.
- Cora E. Braynon Family Health Center, 200 N.W. Seventh Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, 33311
- Pompano Pediatric Primary Care Center, 601 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach, 33060
To schedule an appointment, call 954-302-3935. A parent or legal guardian must be present and have the child’s current immunization record (Form DH 680).
Send Your News to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.30Coconut Creek’s Family Fun Bike Night Promises a Safe and Enjoyable Experience for all Ages
- News2023.03.29Coconut Creek Launches Girls Basketball League for Summer 2023
- News2023.03.29Get Your Little MVP Ready for the Court with 2023 Co-Ed Instructional Basketball League in Coconut Creek
- News2023.03.282 Dogs Rescued from Hoarding Case Seek Patient Owners for Forever Homes