By Michelle Spitzer
Canes fans have an opportunity to meet football star Jahfari Harvey while taking part in a good cause.
The University of Miami defensive lineman will be at Family Bagels of Long Island on Saturday, Feb. 26, to participate in a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. A $20 donation will get you an autograph from Harvey and a bagel.
Harvey will be at the restaurant, located at 5906 Coral Ridge Drive, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Those wishing to attend are asked to register beforehand and bring a piece of memorabilia for Harvey to sign.
The fundraiser is hosted by Relay For Life of Parkland, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, and Margate.
Relay For Life is a community-based walk that celebrates cancer survivors, remembers those lost, and raises funds to end cancer. The event is on Apr. 9 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 award-winning news source, Parkland Talk.
- Michelle Spitzer grew up in Coral Springs, attending Westchester Elementary, Ramblewood Middle, and J.P. Taravella High. She attended the University of Florida and has been a journalist for nearly two decades. As a reporter and editor for The Associated Press and USA Today, she’s covered everything from U.S. Presidents to shuttle launches to Jamie Foxx’s New Year’s Eve party.
- Events2022.04.08City of Parkland Holds Autism Awareness and Acceptance Event April 9
- Schools2022.04.07Registration Open for Parkland’s New Youth Ambassador Program
- Events2022.03.24City of Parkland Holds Autism Awareness and Acceptance Event April 9
- Events2022.03.22Volunteers needed for 2023 Parkland Day