By: Matt Rothman
The Westglades Middle School boys’ soccer team had an incredible season and coming close to the Championship Game.
The Wolves, coached by former Westglades graduate Danny Gurr and Kathryn Cottrell, went 4-3 in the regular season, then advanced to the postseason and defeated Silver Lakes in the first round.
Westglades then defeated Sunrise Middle School a year after losing to them in the playoffs before falling in the semifinals.
“Coaching this group was an amazing experience,” said Coach Gurr. “We could not be more proud of this team and look forward to many of our players returning next season. We will miss our outgoing eighth graders tremendously.”
Their team consists of Eduardo Llavaneras (Co-Captain), Max Kramer (Co-Captain), Brandon Tessler (Co-Captain), Luca Frenquellucci, Edison Garzon, Jackson Gibney, Andre Gonzalez, Bryce Hantman, Zachary Metzger, Cristian Nevruzian, Lucca Novaes, Jameson O’Neill, Esteban Pachec, Matthew Rodriguez, Benjamin Ruytenbeek and Arturo Yibirin.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases