By: Matt Rothman
Even with one game left in the regular season, the Westglades Middle School girls flag football team was crowned Division Champions.
The Wolves are 7-0 and have wins over Forest Glen, Sawgrass Springs, Imagine Charter, Renaissance Charter, Ramblewood, Coral Springs Middle, and Lyons Creek. Westglades had not allowed a touchdown until their sixth game of the season. They also won in overtime in their last game.
“The girls have not only skill but they heart,’ said Head Coach Dawn Azzarelli. “They are the best group of girls I have ever coached in my eight years as the Westglades Middle School girl’s coach. I would love to see them carry this all the way.”
Their teams consist of Rylie Brown, Samantha Calavetta, Alina Caravello, Sophia Canizalez, Alexa Cruz, Elisabeth Garzon, Elyana Garzon, Leah Glaser, Courtney Heymach, Samantha Shortz, Dom Soto, Saanvi Singh, Mickayla Sugarano, Jessica Rice, and Kenslee Ward.
Next, Westgkades has one more district game in the regular season against Renaissance Middle School on Friday, February 25. The Wolves will begin their postseason on either February 28 or March 1.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases