By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep held senior night for both the boys and girls soccer teams.
The girls soccer team honored five seniors, Leah Finkelman, Cailey Katz, Sophie Bigelman, Samantha Cohen, and Yaira Espinosa. These seniors combined for five of the team’s six goals in their 6-0 win over Saint Andrews School on Thursday.
“Getting to win my last regular season home game with my best friends is something I will never forget,” Finkelman said. “I felt immense love, and it was definitely a special night for all of the seniors.”
NBP led 1-0 at halftime but scored five goals in the second half. Finkelman scored four goals and also reached 100 in her career. Espinosa had one, along with Eduardo Kroschinsky, to push NBP to 11-4-1 this season.
“I am so proud to have scored my 100th career goal,” Finkelman added. “It’s something I have been working so hard for, and it is such an amazing feeling to finally achieve it. My teammates have been the strongest support system, and I know we are all eager and excited to finish our season out strong.”
The boys soccer team honored their seven seniors, Blake Schumaker, Franco Peri, Santiago Raigoza, Lucca De Oliveira, Sebastian Munoz, Joao Gabriel Ferreira Konrath, and Caio Lobato De Andrade Cunha. The Eagles went on to beat Somerset Academy 2-0.
NBP is now 5-8-3 this year and has wins against Miami Country Day, FAU High, Benjamin High School, and Oxbridge Academy. Both teams will face Westminster Academy in their next game on Tuesday, Jan. 19. The girls will play at 5 p.m. and the boys at 7 p.m.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.3017 North Broward Prep Student-Athletes Win Conference Awards
- News2023.03.307 Student-Athletes From Monarch and Coconut Creek Receive Conference Awards
- News2023.03.28North Broward Prep Hockey Wins 2 Games in National Tournament
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School