By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep hockey officially won their second straight State Championship on Sunday.
The Eagles went 20-0-1 in the regular season and defeated Cypress Bay in the District Championship. They beat Belen Jesuit High School in the first game before recording a 4-1 win over East Lake and a 3-0 win over Newsome High School in Pool Play.
They then went on to win their final two games, our scoring their opponents 15-1 to win the State Championship. They beat Cypress Bay in the State Semifinals before a rematch against Newsome High School.
“Happy for the kids,” said Head Coach Jim Gabrione. “They earned it, and their hard work was rewarded. Excited for the senior class who gets to go out as back-to-back state champs and an undefeated season. “
Their team consists of Aiden Moore, Tristan Gagnon, Cole Rosen-Nossen, David Rainone, Brian Pine, Emilio Stabile, Bennett Rainone, Justin Rosenthal, Blake Stein, Sean Warash, Anthony Ayala, Ryan Folic, Hudson Kodsi, Max Hayman, Dylan Kelman, Hailey Berger, Jason Meyers, Thanos Hansen, Thomas Isbister, Brady Gentile, Payton Shen, Topher Moore, John Micallef, Luca Casacci, Cole Jovanovski, Luca Macarie, JP Ameen, Patrick Mcbrien, Rutger Grady and John Trontz.
The Eagles are set to play in Nationals later this year in Minnesota.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship