By: Matt Rothman
It was a busy week with seven Coconut Creek student-athletes competing in off-season showcases.
Marcus Dixon and Zander Mesidort competed in the Orange Bowl showcase for North Broward Prep. Dixon rushed for 179 yards this past season, scored three touchdowns, and shined on defense alongside Mesidort.
Daniel Noguera and Joseph Magallanes from Monarch High School were selected to the BCAA All-Star Game after helping their team win Districts and reach the Regional Semifinals this past season. Amanda Hammel was the lone representative from the girls soccer team, while Diego Maldanado Jr. represented the Coconut Creek High School boys soccer team. Ben Daniels was also selected to the Sixth Annual Sunshine State Premier Senior Games on March 12 in Fort Lauderdale after averaging 8.1 points per game.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship