By: Matt Rothman
It was another busy day at Coconut Creek High School, with a playoff game and Senior night on Thursday.
The boys soccer team is headed to the District Semifinals following their 1-0 win over Hollywood Hills High School.
The Cougars finished the regular season with a record of 7-6-1 and earned the three-seed. They are set to play Suncoast High School in the Semifinals on Tuesday, Jan. 31, at 5 p.m. The Chargers are 9-5-2 and had a bye in the opening round of the District Playoffs.
The girls basketball team honored seniors Taylar Dorsett and Beriah Fevrier. The Cougars ended up falling 39-30 in a tight game against Marjory Stoneman Douglas but still have won six games this year.
They will play their final regular season game on Friday, Jan. 27, against Northeast High School before taking on Dwyer High School in the opening round of the District Championship.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship