By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coconut Creek announces an exciting opportunity for young actors: the Youth Theater will host a Disney production of “Aladdin Kids.”
This initiative aims to foster a love for theater among the city’s youth with hands-on learning about the various aspects of production, including character breakdown, direction, vocal projection, and set and prop building.
The program, running from September 7 to December 9, is open to children aged 8 to 14. Auditions will be held on Thursday, September 7, at 6:30 p.m.
Classes will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Please note that no classes will be held on September 14, 16, 30, or November 11 and 23. The program will culminate in a live performance of Disney’s “Aladdin Kids” on Saturday, December 9.
The participation fee is $185 for Coconut Creek residents and $215 for non-residents. Only credit card payments will be accepted for this program. The fee covers the script and performance materials. However, participants will be responsible for their costumes.
The program will be held at the Recreation Complex, 4455 Sol Press Boulevard. Space is limited to 25 participants; hence, early registration is encouraged to secure a spot. Register online at www.CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac or via walk-in at the Recreation Complex or the Community Center at 1100 Lyons Road.
Disney’s “Aladdin Kids” is presented through a special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI), which also supplies all authorized performance materials. More information about MTI can be found at www.MTIShows.com.
For further information about the program, please call 954-956-1580 or visit www.CoconutCreek.net/Parks. This is a wonderful opportunity for the children of Coconut Creek to delve into the magical world of theater and Disney.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023Feeling Lucky? Powerball Jackpot Surges to $960 Million
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Coconut Creek Launches Pickleball Leagues This Fall
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek’s Hometown Market Returns on October 7
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Meet Grace and Kona: Pets Who Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County