By Kevin Deutsch
Ready to race against Parkland’s best runners?
Early registration for the 2022 Parkland Dash, Parkland’s annual road race consisting of a 5K (3.1 miles), 5-mile run, and 1-mile run or walk, opens on Aug. 19.
The event will be held on Oct. 16 at 7 a.m. at Pine Trails Park, 10555 Trails End.
This year’s races will raise money for Eagles’ Haven, a local wellness center offering free crisis support, case management, support groups, yoga, creative art classes, meditation, dance, and other wellness experiences.
The mission of their nonprofit organization is to help the Parkland and Coral Springs communities recover from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.
Early registration for Parkland Dash is $40 for the 5K and 5-mile runs and $20 for the 1-mile run or walk. Every registration will help support Eagles’ Haven.
All race participants will receive a race t-shirt and finisher medal. Awards will be given to the top three male and overall female finishers in the 5K and 5-mile races.
Packet pickup for the races will be held at the Parkland Recreation and Enrichment Center, 10559 Trails End, on Oct. 13 from 4 to 7 p.m., Oct. 14 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., and Oct. 16 from noon to 5 p.m.
For more information about Parkland Dash, visit the race registration site.
Those interested in sponsorship should contact Nick Williams at NWilliams@cityofparkland.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Events2022.11.22Spitfire Farm Hosts ‘Thanksgiving Break’ Equestrian Camp in Coconut Creek
- News2022.11.16Gunman Shoots Up Coconut Creek Apartment Over Video Game Dispute
- Crime & Safety2022.11.13Parkland Crime Update: Stolen Necklace and Fraud
- Crime & Safety2022.11.06Parkland Crime Update: Road Rage and Car Burglary