Mah Jongg and Mingle at Family Bagels of Long Island
By Jill Fox
Interested in a night off? Join other Parkland moms for an evening of Mah Jongg and mingling — and wine.
Mah Jongg is a table game played with tiles rather than cards. Groups of Parkland moms frequently visit Family Bagels of Long Island with their Mah Jongg sets for a kid-less evening filled with friends, food, and fun.
Anyone interested in learning the game will receive a beginners’ Mah Jongg lesson with professional instruction, practice gameplay, Mah Jongg supplies, and more. Those who already know how to play or need to find a fourth, are welcome to attend the evening event, which includes wine, small bites, meeting other Mah Jongg enthusiasts, raffles, and more.
The fun starts on Tuesday, January 11, at 7 p.m. at Family Bagels of Long Island, located at 5906 Coral Ridge Drive. The cost is $25 and space is limited. Register in advance or visit facebook.com/momsplaymahjongg for more information.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsOctober 27, 202212-Year-Old Parkland Girl Fulfills Broadway Dream
- NewsSeptember 20, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Loses Battle with Cancer
- EventsSeptember 7, 2022Moms ‘Wine Down’ With Some Mah Jongg and Mingling
- NewsAugust 19, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Gets Support From Community During Cancer Battle