Mah Jongg and Mingle at Family Bagels of Long Island
By Jill Fox
Back to school for the kids means it’s time for something for moms too — a night off.
On Wednesday, September 14, local moms will have the chance to get together for some Mah Jongg, mingling, and more.
Mah Jongg, a table game similar to rummy, is played with tiles rather than cards, with the goal of being the first to assemble a winning combination. The evening of friends, food, and fun takes place at Family Bagels of Long Island at 6:30 p.m., and games beginning at 7 p.m.
Don’t know how to play? They’ll teach you. Anyone interested in learning will receive a beginners’ Mah Jongg lesson with professional instruction. Those who already know how to play or need to find a fourth are welcome to enjoy wine, small bites, meeting other Mah Jongg enthusiasts, raffles, and more.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsOctober 27, 202212-Year-Old Parkland Girl Fulfills Broadway Dream
- NewsSeptember 20, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Loses Battle with Cancer
- EventsSeptember 7, 2022Moms ‘Wine Down’ With Some Mah Jongg and Mingling
- NewsAugust 19, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Gets Support From Community During Cancer Battle