By: Matt Rothman
The North Broward Prep baseball team is back and was ranked as the 33rd-best team in the country, according to Perfect Game.
The Eagles have won back-to-back State Championships and have recorded 45 wins over the past two seasons. They also had a pair of players selected for the Perfect Game Preseason All-Prospect Underclassmen Team.
Ryan McPherson, who is committed to Ole Miss, was the first player selected. He went 5-0 last year with a save as well as an ERA of 1.64 with 51 strikeouts in 42.2 innings. He was also selected as one of 13 players for the Perfect Game National Showcase held at Chase Field, the Home of the Arizona Diamondbacks, this summer.
Gian De Castro was also selected to the Preseason All-Prospect Underclassmen Team. As a sophomore, he had a home run and 21 RBIs last year and is expected to be a big part of NBP’s lineup this season.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick