By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep girls soccer is back in the Regional Semifinals following their win Tuesday night against St. Brendan High School.
After falling in the District Final, the Eagles entered Regionals as the fourth seed. Leah Finkelman, who set the single-season goal-scoring record in her last game, recorded her 36th. She also had an assist, while Ivory Edgecomb had a pair of goals. Cailey Katz had the other assist for NBP.
The Eagles are now 14-6-1 this year and will face top-seeded American Heritage High School in the Regional Semifinals on Friday, Feb. 10, at 7 p.m.
The Stallions are 11-1-1 this season and won the 4-2 District Championship against NBP. They also recorded an 11-0 victory in their opening Regional Game against Westland Hialeah Senior High School.
The NBP boys basketball team defeated American Heritage in their District Semifinal with a 77-29 win. Despite only leading by four after the first eight minutes NBP outscored their opponent 25-4 in the second quarter. Enrico Borio led the way with 18 points. Ryan Weiss hit a couple of thee pointers and had 13 while Alex Wigginton and Junxi Yang were also in double figures. As a team, NBP had nine different players score points.
The Eagles are the top-seed in the District and have 19 wins this season. Next, they are set to play either Somerset Academy on Friday, Feb. 10 at 7 p.m. They come in as the two seed and went 16-5 during the regular season and then beat Dreyfoos School of the Arts and Pompano Beach High School. in Districts.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.3017 North Broward Prep Student-Athletes Win Conference Awards
- News2023.03.307 Student-Athletes From Monarch and Coconut Creek Receive Conference Awards
- News2023.03.28North Broward Prep Hockey Wins 2 Games in National Tournament
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School