A pair of car burglars on a crime spree were caught trying to force their way into a home in Coconut Creek.
Coconut Creek Police Officers arrested Everton Francis, age 18, of Coral Springs, and his 17-year-old accomplice. A 911 call at 7:25 a.m. on January 5 brought officers to the 3400 block of NW 47th Avenue.
Francis, along with the 17-year-old girl who was with him, were trying to force their way into the victim’s apartment, claiming the victim owed them money.
Both Francis and the teen girl ran as soon as they saw the officers. Both were taken into custody. The victim reported to police that one of them had a gun. Officers recovered a gun stolen from an unlocked car in Coral Springs.
The investigation determined that the pair had spent the night stealing items from several unlocked cars in two nearby jurisdictions. They also stole a pick-up truck that had been left unlocked. They were charged with armed home invasion, grand theft of a gun, and resisting arrest. Additional charges from those other two agencies are pending.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- News2023.03.04Coconut Creek Crime Update: Student Threatens To Kill Dad Over iPad Restrictions
- News2023.02.25Coconut Creek Crime Update: Streetlight Wire Stolen Worth $15K
- News2023.02.11Coconut Creek Crime Update: Police Assist Locating 2-Year-Old
- News2023.02.10Community Comes Together to Support K-9 Training at “Tip A Hero” Event in Coconut Creek