By: Matt Rothman
Gordon, 18, a resident of Heron Bay, attended Heron Heights Elementary, Westglades Middle, then Pine Crest School, where he played on the varsity team for four years.
His best moment came in the team’s first playoff game this year. With the game tied at 7, Gordon kicked a 40-yard field goal to upset La Salle High School. He recorded 27 extra points and was one of the top kickers in the country during his junior season.
During the off-season, Gordon trained in Naples for the Chris Sailer Kicking Camp. He also kicked at Pines Trail Park in Parkland and was a camper and counselor at Eagles Landing and the Night Owls.
Next, Gordon is set to graduate this spring before starting his freshman year of college in 2022. He joins a program that went 5-4 in 2021 under Head Coach E.J. Mills.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season