By Kevin Deutsch
A pedestrian was struck and killed by a car in Coconut Creek Sunday night, police said.
The incident happened at 6:26 pm on Lyons Road near the Promenade, Coconut Creek Police said in a post on X.
The victim, an adult man, died at the scene, police said. The driver that hit him did not stay at the scene but was located, police said. Police did not state whether the driver had been arrested.
The name of the victim was not immediately made public.
Lyons Road was closed in both directions Sunday night between the 3900 and 4300 block to allow officers to safely conduct their investigation.
The investigation is ongoing, police said.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Coconut Creek Man Targeted in Online Sexual Extortion Scam
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Romance Scammer Cons Coconut Creek Woman
- NewsJanuary 17, 2024Motorcycle Stolen From Coconut Creek Recovered in Miami
- NewsJanuary 14, 2024Pedestrian Killed by Car in Coconut Creek