By Matt Rothman
In one of their final tuneups before the Districts, the Coconut Creek High School boys and girls track and field team competed in the Blanche Ely Tri-Meet 4.
Competing against six other teams, the boys finished fourth, which was behind Northeast, Blanche Ely, and Plantation, while the girls finished fifth with 31 points.
The boy’s team had come in the top ten in ten events, led by Joshua Anderson. He finished third in the 1600 meters and eighth in the 400 meters. Jeremiah Accius placed fourth, and Christopher Allen finished fourth in the 100 meters.
The Cougars 4 x 800 relay team also finished fourth with Jayden Anderson, Roland Benjamin, Joshua Anderson, and Ryvaold Lochard.
Other notable performances came from Jahar Brown, Nathan Graham, Mikes Joseph-Walker, Cedric Sapp Jr, Andrew Warlock, and Thajuan Whyte.
Selena Adams recorded the best overall finish for Coconut Creek after placing second in the 100 meters. Beriah Fevrier came in third in the shot put, and Kahlia Exantus placed fourth in the 40 meters and eighth in the 200 meters.
Nyesha Louima, Asia Gilbert, and Avagale Jones finished fifth, sixth, and seventh, respectively, in the 800 meters, while Selena Adams also competed in the 400 meters with Gilbert.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship