By: Matt Rothman
Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas State Champion Rolando Lujo officially signed his letter of intent to play college baseball with Erskine College in South Carolina.
“It is an amazing feeling to officially sign and to know that I will get to play at the next level,” Lujo said.
After playing for two years on MSD’s varsity team, Lujo, the grandson of World Series Champion Rennie Stennett, hit .450 in his in 2020. He drove in 15 RBI’s and scored 23 runs, including 13, while helping the Eagles win a State and National Championship in 2021.
While Lujo will graduate this spring from Florida Virtual School, he will have the chance to practice with the Eagles. However, since he played four years of high school baseball, he will not be eligible to play in games. Lujo will continue to train with the varsity team and different parks in his hometown of Coral Springs.
When Lujo attends Erskine, he will be joining a program that went 23-20 and has not had a losing record in the last 17 years.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship