By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep held senior night this past week for boys’ and girls’ tennis and lacrosse teams.
Felipe Ferreira was honored by the boys’ tennis team in their 7-0 loss against American Heritage on Monday. However, they bounced back on Tuesday with a 7-0 win over Palmer Trinity. Ferreira won his match 8-0 while Jacob Hartman, Jacob Stein, Julius Binder, and Alexander Lessen all won in singles. Hartman and Ferreira won their doubles match with Keaton Khan and Samuel Altschul.
Morgan Silber, Samantha Mirer, and Nicole Kahn were recognized from the girls’ teams, who also lost against American Heritage. They also fell 5-2 against Palmer Trinity despite wins from Mirer and Kahn in doubles and Carling Khna in singles.
The boys’ lacrosse team picked up an 18-4 win over Cooper City and honored Nick Avares on Thursday.
“As a new student and member of the North Broward Prep lacrosse team, it can oftentimes be difficult to make an immediate impact, but Nick managed to do that and more,” said Head Coach Josh Blumenthal. “Nick has proven on multiple occasions just how tough he is and with it truly being both realized and commended by the entire team.”
Jacob Tannenbaum led the way with six goals. Alec Dubin and Chandler Ripps each scored three goals, while Matthew Routman, Jacob Gilbert, and Daniel Katz scored one.
Dubin also had two assists, with Nolan Corcoran, Ripps, Katz, and George Quatela recording assists. Katz also made nine saves in net before defeating West Broward High School on Tuesday, with Tannenbaum scoring seven more goals. NBP finished the season with a record of 7-5, their first winning season since 2017.
Patricia Vargas Torres, Jordan Braxton, Camdyn Meirowitz, and Sabrina Riback were honored by the girls’ team, who dropped another game.
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases