By: Matt Rothman
Coming off their historic season, nine players from Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball officially signed their letter of intent to play in college on Wednesday.
Jake Clemente: University Of Florida
After starting his high school career at North Broward Preparatory School, Jake Clemente transferred to Marjory Stoneman Douglas in 2020. In his first year on the varsity team, Clemente hit .380 and added a victory while pitching. He also helped the Eagles win 28 games and finish the season as the top team in the country after winning a State and National Championship.
Chris Arroyo: University of Florida
Chris Arroyo had a tremendous season both offensively and on the mound. He had a .333 average with a home run and 12 RBI’s and also went 9-0 in 13 games with an ERA of 1.43 in 2021 on one of the most dominating baseball teams in school history.
Santiago Ordonez: Florida State
Santiago Ordonez hit one of the biggest home runs of the season in 2021 with a walk-off to win Regionals. Ordonez led the team with 38 runs driven in and has a lifetime average of .418 in high school.
Roman Anthony: Ole Miss
MSD’s lead-off hitter for most of the 2021 season was Roman Anthony. Not only did he hit five home runs and drive in 22 RBI’s, but Anthony was successful on all 26 of his stolen bases while playing terrifically in the outfield.
Sam Beir: Florida Atlantic University
Sam Beir had the chance to be on the mound and record the final out for the Eagles to clinch the State Championship. He pitched in many different roles and had three wins, three saves, and an ERA of 2.68.
Grant McDonald: Radford University
Grant McDonald came to MSD with Clemente for the 2020 school year and swung a potent bat. He had six extra-base hits, including a home run, and also stole seven bases for the Eagles.
Cameron Harris: Wingate University
Cameron Harris had a tremendous junior season with the Eagles playing second base. Along with his great glove, Harris went 13-13 stealing bases and had an on-base percentage of .423
Brandon White: South Florida State College
Brandon White committed on Monday and signed two days later after having a great season with the Eagles. White pitched in 6 games and picked up a win over Hialiegh Educational Academy.
Maddox Raley: Tallahassee Community College
Like White, Maddox Raley committed on Monday and is a terrific infielder that saw action with the Eagles. He hit .333, had an on-base percentage of .500 as a junior, and stole two bases.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season