This article was previously published and is being featured as one of many of our top stories for 2023.
By Kevin Deutsch
Coconut Creek commissioners have approved developers’ plans to build a Sprouts Farmers Market and Cali Coffee Shop at a city shopping center.
The new retail spaces will be constructed at Strada Plaza, a 7.1-acre property near Lyons Road and Coconut Creek Parkway.
City records show that the approximately 23,000-square-foot grocery store and 1,500-square-foot coffee shop will be constructed alongside a new 120,000-square-foot, five-story Sentry Self Storage property, which commissioners also approved at their May 11 meeting.
It was unclear when the project developer, Strada CC Development LLC, intended to break ground.
The new properties will be built alongside Walgreens, Regions Bank, and a multi-story medical office.
The Sprouts supermarket chain is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. Known for selling fresh, organic, and natural foods at reasonable prices, the company has 380 stores in 23 states across the U.S., including more than 30 stores in Florida.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Coconut Creek Man Targeted in Online Sexual Extortion Scam
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Romance Scammer Cons Coconut Creek Woman
- NewsJanuary 17, 2024Motorcycle Stolen From Coconut Creek Recovered in Miami
- NewsJanuary 14, 2024Pedestrian Killed by Car in Coconut Creek