By Sharon Aron Baron
Coconut Creek is set to launch an inclusive and exciting new bowling league specifically designed for adults with special needs, offering an excellent opportunity for social interaction, physical activity, and fun.
The league is open to anyone over 18, regardless of their bowling experience, making it an inviting environment for beginners and seasoned players.
Participants in the league will receive a league shirt as part of their involvement. However, it’s important to note that there are certain participation criteria. Each bowler must have independent bathroom skills, the ability to follow basic instructions, and the capacity to participate within a group structure. For those who might struggle to meet these criteria, providing an assistant for supervision is mandatory.
The league, which will run for eight weeks, kicks off on Monday, February 5, and will continue until April 1. There will be no bowling session on February 19. Sessions are scheduled from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. every Monday, and participants are requested to arrive by 4:45 p.m.
The cost of participation is set at $90 for Coconut Creek residents and $110 for non-residents. Payments can only be made through credit cards, as cash and checks are not currently accepted.
All activities will be held at the AMF Margate Lanes at 2020 N State Road 7, Margate, FL 33063. Participants should note that transportation to the venue is not provided.
Registration is already open and will continue until all 30 spots are filled. Prospective participants can register online at CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac or by walking into the Community Center on 1100 Lyons Road or at the Recreation Complex at 4455 Sol Press Boulevard.
It’s important to note that registration at the event location is not permitted. For those choosing to register online, a WebTrac account is required, and the Community Center can assist with setting up an account at 954-545-6670.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Celebrate Coconut Creek’s Butterfly Festival with Fun, Food and Fireworks
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coconut Creek Holds Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2024
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024New Women’s Pickleball League Launches in Coconut Creek
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Family-Friendly Workshop in Coconut Creek