By Sharon Aron Baron
High school students can earn community service hours as a Broward Center Teen Ambassador.
The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is accepting applications from high school students interested in arts, journalism, and marketing to join its 2022/2023 Broward Center Teen Ambassador Program. High school students attending public, private, or home schools in Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach counties are invited to apply to the program.
Ambassadors get behind-the-scenes experiences and exclusive educational opportunities and are invited to attend performances in every artistic discipline at no charge. Each year, up to 24 students are selected for the program, which runs from October through May.
Teen Ambassadors are responsible for sharing their experiences at the Broward Center and affiliated venues with the community by posting their experiences to the Teen Ambassador website and their personal social media channels. Detailing their experiences through written and video reviews, these students offer a teen perspective of live performances as they gain exposure to a variety of performance styles and genres. They also participate in monthly meetings with their peers and theater industry professionals, gaining unique insights into the arts business.
Students must be at high school level as of August 2022, hold an unweighted B average, have access to a computer and at least one social media account, and be able to attend one meeting per month at the Broward Center.
Applicants must complete an application and submit a copy of their 2021/2022 report card and a letter of recommendation from someone other than a parent or legal guardian, such as a teacher.
All applications must be completed online by August 26 at 5:00 p.m. Mailed, or in-person applications will not be accepted. Applications submitted by a parent or guardian on behalf of the applicant will not be considered. All applicants will be notified of the results by September 23. The first mandatory meeting will be held on October 11 at 6 p.m.
Visit BrowardCenter.org/teenambassador, call 954.414.6904, or email email@example.com for more information.
The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is at 201 SW Fifth Ave. in Fort Lauderdale.
Send Your News to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.05.30Food Tour Continues with State Rep Christine Hunschofsky and Writer Dan I Cook Visiting The Fish Joint
- News2023.05.16Coconut Creek Unveils Thrilling Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2023
- News2023.05.16Gallop into Adventure: Join Spitfire Farm Horse Camp for an Unforgettable Summer
- Events2023.05.16Coconut Creek Empowers Youth Voices Through 2023 Teen Political Forum