By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) has just announced that Thursday, April 20, 2023, will be a hurricane make-up day.
This means all students, parents, caregivers, and guardians should mark their calendars and plan for a regular school day on this date.
While April 20 was previously scheduled as an early release day, it has been changed to a full instructional day to make up for the school days lost following Hurricane Ian and Hurricane Nicole.
It’s important to note that this change is not unexpected. Potential hurricane make-up days were planned for and included in the 2022/23 school year calendar. The BCPS carefully selected these dates with consideration for the students, families, and staff commitments for vacations and holidays.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.05.16Coconut Creek Unveils Thrilling Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2023
- News2023.05.16Gallop into Adventure: Join Spitfire Farm Horse Camp for an Unforgettable Summer
- Events2023.05.16Coconut Creek Empowers Youth Voices Through 2023 Teen Political Forum
- News2023.05.08Coconut Creek Launches Recreational Cheer Program for Children and Teens