By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coconut Creek has announced the launch of its 2024 Junior Sports Programs, designed to introduce children aged 4 to 6 to the joys and fundamentals of various sports.
This innovative program aims to foster a love for physical activity and teamwork in a fun and supportive environment.
Set to begin in February and run through November, the program offers an array of sports, including basketball, T-Ball, soccer, and flag football.
Each session spans four weeks, with activities scheduled on Fridays and tailored to young athletes. The sessions are divided into two-time slots, catering to the convenience of all participants.
Its emphasis on family involvement sets the Coconut Creek Junior Sports Program apart. Parent participation is not just encouraged but mandatory, ensuring a unique bonding experience while promoting physical fitness and sportsmanship among the community’s youngest members.
For a registration fee of $40 for Coconut Creek residents and $50 for non-residents, participants will receive a sports shirt, a medal, and all the necessary sport-specific supplies to engage in activities.
Sessions are thoughtfully scheduled to accommodate various interests and availability, with each sport offered at different times throughout the year:
- Basketball: The program will kick off in February, with sessions in July and October.
- T-Ball: Slated for April, offering youngsters the chance to hit their first home run.
- Soccer: Beginning in May, focusing on dribbling, passing, and scoring goals.
- Flag Football: Introduced in September, teaching the basics of football without contact.
Held at the Recreation Complex on Sol Press Boulevard, the program promises a safe and equipped environment for children to learn and grow. Space is limited to 12 participants per session, ensuring personalized attention and an optimal learning environment.
Registration opens 30 days before each session and will remain open until filled. Parents are encouraged to register their children online at CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac or by walk-in at the Recreation Complex or the Community Center on Lyons Road.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Celebrate Coconut Creek’s Butterfly Festival with Fun, Food and Fireworks
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coconut Creek Holds Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2024
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024New Women’s Pickleball League Launches in Coconut Creek
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Family-Friendly Workshop in Coconut Creek