By David Volz
Coconut Creek residents and city leaders will have another opportunity to discuss the proposed Cocomar Business Park at the upcoming meeting on Thursday, November 9, at 7:00 p.m.
During a previous meeting, the Commission approved a rezoning and land use change for the Cocomar Planned Commercial District on the first reading.
Mayor Josh Rydell wants to see more community input on the proposal and also wants to see what opinions residents will share at the meeting. “At the last meeting, there were people who were for the project and people who were against it,” he said.
While some nearby property owners were vehemently opposed to the project, the developer is offering a 12.5-foot easement to homes abutting the north area of the property, according to Rydell. They have also offered to pay for traffic lights to handle increases in traffic.
The Cocomar Business Park is slated to be built by Greystar on 36 acres at Atlantic Boulevard and Lyons Road. There will be three buildings with 61,055 square feet, 167,350 square feet, and 155,490 square feet.
During the October 26 meeting, residents expressed concern about building height, noise, and traffic. The developer has promised that eight-foot walls will be built before construction begins.
Also, the Commission will hold a public hearing related to a medical marijuana dispensary proposed to be located on State Road Seven north of Hillsboro Boulevard.
The meeting is held at 4800 W Copans Rd.
- David Volz has worked as a writer in South Florida for 35 years. He has written for the Sun-Sentinel, Hollywood Gazette, School Transportation News, South Dade News Leaders, Observer among others. He has an MA in Communications from Florida Atlantic University and a BA in Communications from Valparaiso University. Volz teaches Communications at Miami Dade College and Palm Beach State College. He lives in Coral Springs and enjoys running and participating in 5Ks and half-marathons.
- NewsNovember 23, 2023Register Now for the Santa Brunch with The Women’s Club of Coconut Creek
- NewsNovember 15, 2023Coconut Creek Greenlights Cocomar Business Park Ushering in a New Era of Sustainable Industrial Development
- NewsNovember 7, 2023Coconut Creek Commission to Discuss Cocomar Business Park
- NewsOctober 31, 2023Coconut Creek Set to Welcome ‘Cocomar Business Park’: A 384,000 Sq. Ft. Industrial Development