By: Matt Rothman
The victories continue for the Coconut Creek High School football team following their win over Plantation High School on Thursday.
The Cougars, coming off an impressive win over Western High School in their last game, moved to 3-1 for the third time in the previous four years.
Coconut Creek opened the scoring with a punt return for a touchdown before Gordon SInelin caught a long touchdown pass to make it 13-0. Coconut Creek added a safety and 16 points in the third quarter and another score in the fourth to pull out the 36-6 win.
The Cougars will play Blanche Ely High School in their next game on Friday, September 22, at 7 p.m. The Tigers are 3-0 this year after winning all but one game a season ago. Their victories this year have come against Cypress Bay, Boyd H. Anderson, and Coral Springs High School.
After a delayed start to the season, Coconut Creek High School’s cross country team ran in their first race on Wednesday at Tradewinds Park against Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Pompano Beach, and Coral Springs High School.
Jeremiah Accius recorded the top time for the Cougars and placed in 13. Tyler Joseph finished in 23, followed by Pac Frank and Benjamin Duverna. The girls top time came from Aasia Gilbert, with Kyla Koon, Jayda Washington, Salaya Campbell, and Aisha Acluche also competing.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023Coconut Creek High School Football Falls Just Short Against 3rd Ranked Team in The Country
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Baseball Player Kiernan O’Neill Makes College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Football Records Fourth Win: Girls Volleyball Wins First 2 Matches
- NewsSeptember 15, 2023Coconut Creek High School Football Records 3rd Win; Cross Country Team Begins Season