By: Matt Rothman
Coconut Creek High School had another intense week, highlighted by the varsity football team.
The Cougars bounced back from their loss a week ago against the third-ranked team in the country with a 41-0 win over Fort Lauderdale High School on Thursday night.
The Cougars improved to 4-2 on the season and will play West Boca Raton Community High School in their next game on Friday, October 13 at 6:30 p.m. The Bulls are 5-1 this year, with their only loss coming against Saint Andrew’s in overtime.
The girls volleyball team undefeated this season came to an end this week. The Cougars lost to J.P. Taravella in their match on Thursday but started the season out 6-0 with wins against Dillard, Coral Springs High School, Piper, Hallandale, Miramar, and Stranahan before falling in three sets against the Trojans.
The cross country team competed in the BCAA Week 5 meet at Quiet Waters, with the boys team finishing in fourth place. Jeremiah Accius finished fourth individually with a 19:13.4, while Tyler Joseph finished 12. Pac Frank placed 21st, followed by Jason Edwards, Sean Austin Clark, Darryl Pluviose, and John Jacques. The girls did not run as a team but had Aasia Gilbert placed 25th, and Salaya Campbell finished nine spots back.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024NBP Boys Basketball Historic Season Ends in Triple Overtime in State Semifinals
- NewsFebruary 28, 2024North Broward Prep Continues Domination With 3 Championships
- NewsFebruary 15, 20242-Time State Champion A.J. Cutler Makes College Pick
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Coconut Creek High Wraps Up Winter Sports Season; Eye Success in the Spring