By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coconut Creek is excited to announce the 2023 Boys Basketball League, open to all boys ages 12 to 16 (as of September 1, 2023).
This league is open to players in 6th through 10th grade, with age divisions for 13U (12 and 13 years old) and 16U (14, 15, and 16 years old).
All players will receive a jersey and shorts as part of their registration and will have the opportunity to participate in ten games plus playoffs.
Practices will start the week of March 13, 2023, with player evaluations taking place on Monday, March 6, for 13U and Wednesday, March 8, for 16U.
Practices will be held indoors at either the Community Center or the Recreation Complex, with days, times, and locations to be determined by volunteer coaches after teams are chosen.
Games will begin on Saturday, April 8, with 13U games played on Tuesday evenings and Saturdays at the Community Center and 16U games on Thursday evenings and Saturdays at the Community Center.
Registration for the 2023 Boys Basketball League is open through February 28 or until the league is full. Players must register online at www.CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac or in person at the Community Center or Recreation Complex. All players must have a WebTrac account to register online, and first-time registrants must provide a copy of their birth certificate to verify age and legal guardianship.
Residents of the City of Coconut Creek are eligible for discounted registration rates of $110, while non-residents will be charged $160. Proof of residency is required for the discounted rate. It can be provided with a state-issued driver’s license or valid passport and a valid voter’s registration card, water bill, cable bill, or electric bill (not more than two months old).
All coaches must complete an application and undergo a background screening with fingerprinting.
For more information on the 2023 Boys Basketball League, please call 954-545-6670 or visit www.CoconutCreek.net/Parks.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek Announces 2023 Summer Day Camp Program: Enroll Now for an Unforgettable Summer Experience
- News2023.03.18Men’s 30+ Basketball League Kicks Off This Summer in Coconut Creek
- News2023.03.18Coconut Creek Serves Up Fun With Open Play Table Tennis for Adults
- News2023.03.17Coconut Creek Crime Update: Banyan Bay Burglary Victim Robbed of $2k