By Sharon Aron Baron
The city of Coconut Creek has announced its FUN DAYS program for the upcoming season, August 2023 through January 2024.
This initiative provides an opportunity for children between the ages of 5 to 13, who have attended or are attending kindergarten, to spend a day full of engaging activities, crafts, organized games, and more.
The FUN DAYS events are scheduled to be held on various dates at both the Recreation Complex and Community Center.
- August 7 through August 11 at both locations
- August 14 through August 18 at both locations
- September 25 at the Recreation Complex only
- October 24 at the Recreation Complex only
- November 20 through November 22 at both locations
- December 26 through December 29 at both locations
- January 2 through January 5 at both locations
- January 22 at the Recreation Complex only
There will also be a Sports Camp at the Community Center from December 26 to January 5.
Children can be dropped off as early as 8:00 a.m., with the latest pick-up time being 5:30 p.m. The daily fee per child is $25 for Coconut Creek residents and $35 for non-residents. However, only credit card payments are currently being accepted.
Registration is already ongoing but is limited to 30 participants per day. Interested parents or guardians are advised to pre-register their kids, as no day-of registration will be accepted. Verification of the child’s age and legal guardianship must be provided at either location before registration.
Online registration can be done via www.CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac, but a WebTrac account is required. Those needing assistance setting up an account or walk-in registrations can contact the Recreation Complex at 954-956-1580 or the Community Center at 954-545-6670.
For more detailed information about the FUN DAYS program, interested individuals can contact the above numbers or visit www.CoconutCreek.net/Parks.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023Feeling Lucky? Powerball Jackpot Surges to $960 Million
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Coconut Creek Launches Pickleball Leagues This Fall
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek’s Hometown Market Returns on October 7
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Meet Grace and Kona: Pets Who Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County