By Sharon Aron Baron
Calling all LEGO enthusiasts. The City of Coconut Creek has announced its exciting challenge for kids ages 5 to 10, allowing them to showcase their creativity by crafting the best sculpture within a limited one-hour class.
- Each participant will receive a 1,000-piece LEGO set to craft their unique designs.
- An additional incentive, the LEGO sets, can be taken home by participants at the end of the program session.
- The event will be held every Friday from November 3 through December 15, excluding November 24.
- Timings are set from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The fee for those interested in enrolling is $50 for Coconut Creek residents and $70 for non-residents. Payments can only be made through credit cards, with cash or checks currently not accepted.
The challenge will take place at the Community Center, located at 1100 Lyons Road. Space is limited, with registration capped at 10 participants.
How to Register:
- Registrations are ongoing until slots are filled.
- Potential participants can register online via CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac. Alternatively, walk-in registrations are available at the Community Center and the Recreation Complex at 4455 Sol Press Boulevard.
- It’s essential to note that a WebTrac account is required for online registration.
- Those in need of assistance while setting up a WebTrac account can reach out to the Community Center at 954-545-6670.
For more details about the LEGO Challenge or other community activities, residents and interested parties can contact 954-545-6670 or explore CoconutCreek.net/Parks.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Celebrate Coconut Creek’s Butterfly Festival with Fun, Food and Fireworks
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Coconut Creek Holds Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2024
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024New Women’s Pickleball League Launches in Coconut Creek
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Family-Friendly Workshop in Coconut Creek