By David Volz
A new industrial park may be coming to Coconut Creek.
The Cocomar Business Park comprises three buildings and offers 384,000 square feet of light industrial space.
Building A will include 61,055 square feet, Building B 167,350 square feet, and Building C 155,490 square feet.
The applicant-developer is Greystar Development, a national developer with extensive experience in high-quality warehouse projects. The project will be on 36 acres at Atlantic Boulevard and Lyons Road.
During the meeting on Thursday, October 26, the city commission approved, on first reading, a rezoning request that would accommodate the proposed project. During the November 9 meeting, the commission will consider the rezoning on the second reading and the site plan for the overall project, according to Yvonne Lopez, spokesperson for Coconut Creek.
During the lengthy meeting, Commissioner Jeffrey Wasserman expressed his frustration with the disorganization; commissioners raised concerns about the height of the buildings, the potential for too much noise, and extensive traffic.
Residents sent emails, and some appeared in person before the commission to express their concerns about the project.
Commissioners discussed placing a traffic light to control traffic.
- David Volz has worked as a writer in South Florida for 35 years. He has written for the Sun-Sentinel, Hollywood Gazette, School Transportation News, South Dade News Leaders, Observer among others. He has an MA in Communications from Florida Atlantic University and a BA in Communications from Valparaiso University. Volz teaches Communications at Miami Dade College and Palm Beach State College. He lives in Coral Springs and enjoys running and participating in 5Ks and half-marathons.
- NewsNovember 23, 2023Register Now for the Santa Brunch with The Women’s Club of Coconut Creek
- NewsNovember 15, 2023Coconut Creek Greenlights Cocomar Business Park Ushering in a New Era of Sustainable Industrial Development
- NewsNovember 7, 2023Coconut Creek Commission to Discuss Cocomar Business Park
- NewsOctober 31, 2023Coconut Creek Set to Welcome ‘Cocomar Business Park’: A 384,000 Sq. Ft. Industrial Development