By Sharon Aron Baron
Coconut Creek is gearing up for a heartwarming “Special Needs Friendsgiving” event, providing a unique opportunity for adults with special needs to gather and express gratitude for friends, family, and community ties.
This celebratory brunch is scheduled for Saturday, November 4, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., with attendees encouraged to arrive by 10:45 a.m.
Tailored to foster an inclusive atmosphere, the Friendsgiving is open to individuals 18 years and older who can independently use the restroom, follow basic instructions, and engage comfortably in a group setting. Those needing additional support are welcome to bring along a companion for assistance.
The gathering will feature various social activities to engage participants and strengthen community bonds. The event is not just about sharing a meal but also about building relationships and creating memories.
The event will be held at the Coconut Creek Community Center at 1100 Lyons Road.
For residents of Coconut Creek, the event is $20, while non-residents are $30. Payments are to be made via credit card only, as cash and checks will not be accepted.
Interested parties are urged to register as soon as possible, as space is limited to 30 participants. Registration can be completed online at the city’s official website, www.CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac, or by visiting the Community Center or the Recreation Complex in person.
For those needing assistance with creating a WebTrac account or for more information about the event, the Community Center staff is ready to assist at 954-545-6670. Further details can be found on the city’s parks website at www.CoconutCreek.net/Parks.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023Free “Evening of Elegance” Celebration Held in Coconut Creek
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Coconut Creek Senior Expo Connects Community with Valuable Resources and Support
- NewsNovember 26, 2023Celebrate the World’s Winter Traditions at Coconut Creek’s Holiday Cultures of Winter Event