By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through November 1, 2021.
On 10/29/2021, a juvenile was playing football with friends when he was bitten by a dog being walked on a leash. The bite was accidental. The juvenile was taken to the hospital and received one stitch.
On 10/28/2021, a person reported a suspicious incident involving text messages they received from a person claiming to be a minor child. Concerned for the supposed child’s welfare, the complainant decided to call BSO.
Threat Assessment Report
On 10/26/2021, reporting person advised that her teenage daughter received a text message from a friend showing an internet post that involved a threat made to a school. BSO Threat Management Unit was contacted, and information was forwarded to a local law enforcement agency in Georgia for investigation.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Events2022.11.22Spitfire Farm Hosts ‘Thanksgiving Break’ Equestrian Camp in Coconut Creek
- News2022.11.16Gunman Shoots Up Coconut Creek Apartment Over Video Game Dispute
- Crime & Safety2022.11.13Parkland Crime Update: Stolen Necklace and Fraud
- Crime & Safety2022.11.06Parkland Crime Update: Road Rage and Car Burglary