By: Matt Rothman
Despite an incredible season and a great run in the District Championship, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boy’s golf team finished seventh in Regionals on Monday.
With that, Andres Barraza and Dylan Marrone advanced to the State Championship.
MSD finished the tournament with a 306, which was 20 shots back of Christopher Columbus High School, who finished in first among 12 schools.
Held at Osprey Point Golf Course in Boca Raton, Marrone had the top individual result for the Eagles with a 74, making him tied for 11th. Barraza, who recorded a 71 (-1) in Districts, shot a 76 on Tuesday, while Ryan Shimony and T.J. Thompson recorded 78’s.
Devon Chalal was the final MSD player to participate in regionals and finished tied for 51st.
Both Barraza and Marrone are set to participate in States on November 16-17 at the Mission Inn located in Howey in the Hills.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season