By Ryan Yousefi
A man faces attempted murder charges after stabbing a man in the face and neck during an argument near a Coconut Creek bus stop.
According to records, the Coconut Creek Police Department responded to a 911 call from an area near the Coconut Creek Community Center.
Upon arrival, CCPD encountered a victim who had been brutally stabbed by another man, later identified as Kenedy Cozier, 39, of Coral Springs.
According to an official police report, the incident unfolded on December 16, around 6:30 p.m., when Cozier allegedly stabbed the victim, who was in the process of making a sandwich at the bus stop on Coconut Creek Parkway, just north of the community center at 1100 Lyons Road.
Eyewitnesses told officers the altercation took place after a heated argument between Cozier and the victim, which escalated, culminating in a violent attack that left the victim with two to three deep cuts to his neck and additional lacerations on his face.
In the aftermath of the assault, the victim managed to escape from Cozier, sprinting across Lyons Road to seek refuge at the nearby Walgreens store. Concerned witnesses promptly dialed 911, and the Coconut Creek Police Department and emergency medical personnel arrived on the scene.
After initial treatment on the scene, medical records indicate the victim was transported to Broward Health North, where he is currently recovering.
Cozier was quickly taken into custody by officers and, upon interview, asserted that he acted in self-defense, claiming that the victim had moved aggressively toward him as he passed the bus stop. However, witnesses and the victim provided statements contradicting Cozier’s account of what led up to the attack.
Records show that Cozier was found with a knife in his pocket during a search by officers.
From his hospital bed, the victim told law enforcement Cozier allegedly taunted him for simply making a sandwich and knocking his food onto the road. After some verbal back and forth, Cozier reportedly pulled a knife from his pocket and stabbed the victim.
Cozier was arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Absolute Queen Brings Bohemian Rhapsody to Life at the Township Performing Arts Center
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Man Arrested After Ramming Police Car to Escape Traffic Stop
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“I’m Going to Kill You”: Domestic Dispute Escalates into Gun Threat at Cinema
- News Service of FloridaFebruary 11, 2024“Do You Want to Die?”: Pregnant Woman Held Captive and Assaulted by Boyfriend