By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ cheerleading team competed in their first major tournament this season Saturday morning.
The Eagles went up against Monarch High School at the Broward County Athletic Association District Championship located at Coral Glades and came in second. Their team consists of Kaitlyn Burns, Annie Cappola, Anabelle Civalero, Ava DiRenzo, Taylor Faust, Ashley Fronstin, Madi Mackenize, Sean McHenry, Kylie Messmer, Anabelle Niddam, Lauren Ofstein, Katie Peterson, Ella Reiss, Amanda Santo, Samantha Santo, Cami Shavelson , Rylee Thompson, Faith Weiss and Sydney Wolfman.
“We were extremely pleased with the team’s performance at districts,” said Head Coach Patti Thompson.”While it definitely wasn’t perfect, it was their first time performing the routine full-out. It has been a challenging year for all teams but we are putting in the work and looking forward to regionals this week.”
Next, the Eagles will compete in Regionals on Friday, January 14, at Coral Glades High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season