By Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls golf team advances to Regionals after a terrific performance in Districts on Monday.
The Eagles came in second place in their competition with five teams at Southwinds Golf Course in Boca Raton, where St. Thomas Aquinas High School took first place.
Cynthia Liu had the best result for the Eagles with a 76. Both Giana Ramos and Madison Lenard recorded 84’s. MSD also had Ella Mamane and Cassidy Charles compete with rounds of 91 and 93, respectively.
“I think they played well, considering the weather was a factor today,” said Head Coach Devin Schaller. “I’m hoping we can take advantage of some more opportunities on at regionals.
The Eagles will compete in Regionals on Monday, November 1, once again at Southwinds Golf Course.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season