By: Matt Rothman
Monarch and Coconut Creek High School were among 28 teams to compete in the BCAA Championship this weekend at Fort Lauderdale High School.
The Knights had seven wrestlers pick up wins, highlighted by Adam Bayazi and Kii Stephenson winning twice. Sebastian Cardoza, Marvin Cyriac, Trevon Washington, Eric Mattos, and Ethan Pierce all had wins.
“My first-year wrestlers picked some wins and that will boost their confidence moving forward, said Head Coach Troy Yarbrough. “As for my experienced wrestlers, they just need to learn to finish their matches the way they start them. Making fewer little mistakes late in the match is what they need to improve on.”
For Coconut Creek, Leonardo Valsaint and Daniel Michel led the way. They combined to win three matches. Kavla Bernier, Rashaun Remekie, Jakari Charles, Khameron Baker, Perla Mendez, Cole Howard, and Omarion Lane also wrestled for the Cougars.
Next, these teams will continue to prepare for the District Tournament at Cardinal Gibbons High School on Feb. 15.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick