By Sharon Aron Baron
Get ready for a nostalgic journey back to the summer of youthful adventures as the City of Coconut Creek presents “Movie in the Park” featuring “The Sandlot.”
“The Sandlot” is a timeless film that has captured the hearts of audiences for 30 years. Directed by David Mickey Evans, this iconic story revolves around Scotty Smalls and his friends as they navigate the ups and downs of childhood during a memorable summer.
When Scotty’s father’s prized possession, a baseball signed by none other than Babe Ruth, ends up on the other side of a crotchety neighbor’s fence, the group embarks on a series of adventures and misadventures to retrieve it. Along the way, they form lifelong bonds and learn valuable life lessons.
This free special outdoor screening is open to all ages. Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 30, and make your way to Sabal Pines Park, located at 5005 NW 39th Avenue.
The movie starts promptly at 7:00 p.m., so be sure to arrive early to claim your spot.
Bring your blankets, chairs, and coolers with your favorite snacks and beverages to enjoy during the movie. However, pets are not allowed at the event.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023Feeling Lucky? Powerball Jackpot Surges to $960 Million
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Coconut Creek Launches Pickleball Leagues This Fall
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek’s Hometown Market Returns on October 7
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Meet Grace and Kona: Pets Who Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County