By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Westglades Middle School cross country team had a strong race Thursday afternoon in the Broward County Athletic Association Championship at Markham Park.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas
The boy’s team finished in 11th place out of 26 schools. With over 200 runners competing, Coby Alhadeff finished 37th. Emery Jackson came in 51st, followed by Joseph Cardinale, Cole Spinks, Teyve Singh, Andres Abreu, Quinn McCluskey, Cooper Roth, Matthew Rosenberg, and Noah Ryan. Jack Lickerman, Noah Seid, and Veer Kapoor ran in the junior varsity race.
For the girls, Ella Schwartz finished 14th overall, with the team coming in 11th. Grace MacKenzie was next to finish, along with Esther Bang, Morgan Melchiorri, Sofia Schorer Kaplan, Mikayla Ryan, Ariana Shahheidari, Michele Hirn, Zoha Haider, and Riley Anders.
Both Westglades teams finished in fifth place. The boys team consists of Ethan Reynolds, Alexander Spadaccini, Neel Bharambe, Colton Pattok, Jose Pablo Perez, Daniel Chellgren, Franco Kwan-Acosta, Braxton Berger, and Mark Spadaccini.
The girls team was led by Caroline Schwartz in the race, with teammates Evelana Fleck, Emiliana Anzures, Isabella Miller, Elisa Hernandez-Gil, Taryn Bander, Noa Nierman, Kiera Fletcher, Martina Velez, and Rylie Brown.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship