By: Matt Rothman
After falling in their first two matches, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys volleyball team picked up their first win of the season on Friday.
The Eagles defeated Deerfield Beach High School 25-14, 25-16, 25-23 after falling in their first match against Cardinal Gibbons and Charles W. Flanagan High School.
MSD is coming off a season in 2021 when they went 5-3 in the regular season and defeated Coral Springs High School in the postseason. They lost to Boca Raton Community High School in the District Final.
Next, the Eagles will play South Broward High School on Wednesday, March 16 at 4:30 p.m. before playing Northeast High School on March 17 at 4:30 p.m. Those two teams are 2-1 so far this season.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship