By: Matt Rothman
As one of the top kickers in Florida, Dean Gordon is set for his first playoff game for Pine Crest School in Fort Lauderdale.
“It feels great to get a chance to continue our season,” Gordon said. “I know our best football is still in front of us, and I’m going to prepare myself no different than any other game.”
Gordon, who lives in Parkland’s Heron Bay, is having a terrific final season, receiving his first college offer from Wesleyan University in Connecticut.
He began playing football in kindergarten and kicked for the Parkland Rangers in middle school.
So far this season, Gordon has made 16 extra points and added a 35-yard field goal. He also has a touchback rate of 65 percent on kickoffs and has a punt this season of 73 yards.
With a record of 3-6, the Panthers have wins over Somerset Academy, Archbishop McCarthy, and Coral Springs Charter.
Arguably their most impressive performance came against La Salle High School, who went 10-0 this season. Pine Crest fell 14-13, scoring a touchdown in the final seconds but missed out on the two-point conversion for the win.
Gordon and his team will get another look at La Salle in their opening playoff game in Miami on Friday, November 12 at 7 p.m.
“It not often times you get to see teams a second time, but I know we will be ready,” Gordon added. “Every single one of us is going into the game expecting to win.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick