By Jill Fox
For the second year in a row, parents at Somerset Parkland Academy took the initiative to thank the school’s administration, teachers, and staff for their hard work.
Hosted by Odyssa Billings, Lucy Williams, and parents of Somerset Parkland Academy, the 2nd Annual “Thankful Vibes Breakfast” partnered with local businesses to provide breakfast and lunch for the staff of 65.
Volunteers transformed the teachers’ lounge into a spa-like atmosphere with three massage therapists to offer the staff a few uninterrupted minutes to unwind.
Billings, who has three children enrolled at Somerset, said it meant a lot to the teachers, especially the custom cards made by the students.
“Those who were new loved it, and those who were there last year thought it was bigger and better,” she said.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsOctober 27, 202212-Year-Old Parkland Girl Fulfills Broadway Dream
- NewsSeptember 20, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Loses Battle with Cancer
- EventsSeptember 7, 2022Moms ‘Wine Down’ With Some Mah Jongg and Mingling
- NewsAugust 19, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Gets Support From Community During Cancer Battle