By Ryan Yousefi
An argument between brothers over the television volume turned nearly deadly, resulting in a man facing charges of assault with a deadly weapon.
On September 2, the Coconut Creek Police Department responded to a residence in response to a domestic incident between two brothers; one had brandished a knife during the altercation.
According to the report, the victim and his brother, later identified as Francisco Coelhoxavier, 29, of Fort Lauderdale, were involved in a heated argument over the television set’s volume.
According to the victim, the disagreement escalated when Francisco continued asking him to lower the TV volume. After allegedly refusing, he reportedly said that the victim “should die” before lunging at him and forcibly grabbing him by the throat, saying, “I’m going to kill you.”
The altercation escalated further when Fransisco allegedly ran to the kitchen, retrieved a kitchen knife, and began making threats.
Fearing for their safety, the mother of the two brothers called 911, seeking the Coconut Creek Police Department’s assistance.
According to the arrest report, when police arrived on the scene, Fransisco had already dropped the knife but began swinging a ladder at the victim, causing injuries officers later witnessed.
Following an investigation, officers arrested Fransisco and transported him to the Broward County Main Jail, where he was later released after posting a $2,000 bond.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Coconut Creek Resident Arrested in $750,000 Wire Transfer Scam
- NewsSeptember 28, 2023Tomorrow’s Rainbow Hosts ‘Pony ‘n Bale’ Fundraiser to Benefit Grieving Children October 15
- Crime & SafetySeptember 26, 2023Drug-Fueled Car Chase Ends with Heroic K-9 Injured
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Coconut Creek Fire Cadet Program Welcomes Future Heroes on October 7